We are excited to announce that on Monday, May 4th, our offices will safely resume providing routine vision care at both Caris Eye Centers locations.
As of April 24th, the Centers for Disease Control has lifted its nationwide recommendation to postpone routine eye care visits.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our patients as well as our staff. With that goal in mind, we have implemented many new policies and procedures to keep everyone safe and healthy.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING OF OUR PATIENTS
• If you are in a “high risk” group for severe illness associated with COVID-19, we advise that you postpone your eye exam if possible. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html to see if you are at higher risk.
• Come to your visit alone if you are not a minor. If you cannot come alone, limit the number of people accompanying you to one.
• Please call from your car when you arrive to let us know you are here. We will let you know when to enter the clinic based on the number of people being cared for at that moment.
• Please bring and plan to wear a mask or face covering while in the office.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
• We are limiting the number of exams to one patient per hour for each doctor. This will make is easier to comply with social distancing and will allow extra time for our staff to sterilize the exam rooms and equipment between patients.
• Immediate hand sanitizer will be provided for everyone entering the building.
• Touchless temperature check of all patients that enter the building.
• Touchless temperature check of all doctors & staff upon reporting to work each day.
• All doctors and staff will wear masks when working with patients.
• All doctors and staff will wear gloves for any procedure requiring that the patient’s face or eyes be touched.
• All eyeglass frames will be held aside for sterilization after being tried on by patients.
• Patients and staff are required to maintain a social distance of 6 feet when possible.
• All exam rooms and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between patients.